Posted: Jan 2, 2013 4:34 PM by MTN News
HELENA - Governor-elect Steve Bullock on Wednesday announced nominations for more cabinet posts in his administration.
Ron de Yong will be the Director of the Department of Agriculture, Jason Smith will be the Director of Indian Affairs, and Major General Matthew Quinn will be the Director of Military Affairs and Adjutant General.
"This group of Montanans has proven their commitment to delivering results for communities across the state," said Bullock. "They will fulfill their responsibilities with hard work and integrity, and I'm proud to have them in my administration."
de Yong owns and operates a family farm in Kalispell and has taught agriculture policy and economics at Cal Poly State University; he has also been an economist for National Farmers Union, served as a Montana State Committee Member for the USDA Farm Service Agency and has been a State Director for Montana Farmers Union.
Smith had been employed at the Montana Department of Commerce as the State Tribal Economic Development Program Manager. He previously worked at the Native American Development Corporation in Billings, and for the Montana Democratic Party, where he helped lead get out the vote efforts on reservations. The Director of Indian Affairs is selected from suggestions made by the leadership of Montana's tribal nations.
Quinn has served as the Adjutant General for the State of Montana since April of 2012.
Previously-announced Bullock appointments include:
- Jeff Hagener as Director of MT Department of Fish, Wildlife & Parks
- John Rogers as chief of Governor's Office of Economic Development
- Sheila Hogan as Director of the Department of Administration
- Richard Opper as the Director of the Department of Health & Human Services
- Angela Wong as the Director of the Montana Lottery
- Mike Tooley as Director of the Department of Transportation
- John Tubbs as Director of the Department of Natural Resources & Conservation
- Tracy Stone-Manning as Director of the Department of Environmental Quality
- Mike Batista as Director of the Department of Corrections
- Pam Bucy as Director of the Department of Labor
- Meg O'Leary as Director of the Department of Commerce
- Tim Burton as Chief of Staff
- Mike Kadas as Director of the Department of Revenue
- Dan Villa as Budget Director
- Ali Bovingdon and Kevin O'Brien as Deputy Chiefs of Staff