Posted: Feb 18, 2013 12:20 PM by KXLF
Updated: Feb 18, 2013 1:49 PM
BUTTE - The YMCA was evacuated Monday morning after occupants smelled a natural gas odor.
The odor was coming from the northwest corner of the building, according to the Butte-Silver Bow Fire Department. Three fire trucks from the city and three from Boulevard Volunteer Fire Department responded.
There were too many people to count when the building was evacuated, according to a YMCA representative. They all quickly left the scene when they exited the building.
NorthWestern Energy responded to survey the area. Officials with the Butte-Silver Bow Fire Department said the scene was safe after 20 minutes. People were allowed to enter the building.