Posted: Jun 30, 2013 10:10 PM by Keele Smith - MTN News
The source of a fire that started near I-90 this afternoon has been determined.
At around 3:30 p.m. trash at the Logan Landfill started burning.
The site manager says there were two to three foot flames when he got there and that a cigarette, hot ashes or an unused firework most likely caused the fire.
He says it could have started smoldering last night--since most people take trash to the dump on Saturdays.
The Three Forks and Manhattan Fire Departments helped put out the fire and no one was hurt.