Posted: Feb 4, 2013 5:01 PM by Katy Harris
BUTTE - The Leggat Hotel in Butte was evacuated when a fire ignited and sent one woman to the hospital for smoke inhalation.
911 Dispatch received a call around 9:40 a.m. Monday regarding the smell of smoke on the fourth floor. When firefighters arrived, they found a fire on the third floor of a south side apartment unit.
Heavy smoke set off the fire sprinkler system and the fire was contained to the unit.
Fire Marshal John Lasky says a woman in her 50s was reportedly smoking a cigarette while on oxygen. It's believed that the oxygen tube ignited the fire, which spread to the couch.
The woman evacuated herself, along with several other tenants.She was treated and released from the hospital for minor injuries.