Posted: Oct 23, 2012 5:20 PM by Katy Harris KXLF News
Updated: Oct 24, 2012 1:53 PM
The entire Original Mine Yard will be turned into a frightening haunted house. Today the main building is getting a scary makeover.
"You come in, purchase your tickets at the gate, then you enter the first main building, which will take you through 14 to 16 different scenes," says Original Nightmare Founder and Butte resident Sam DeBree.
For the last 6 years, DeBree held the Original Nightmare haunted house attraction at his residence.
Last year over 500 people went through the haunted house.
The attraction has moved to the Original Mine Yard because it's become so popular.
The event is also a fundraiser for the Kiwanas, Orphan girl Theatre and Butte High Art Club.
Last year over 1-thousand dollars was raised.
It's also a chance to keep the Original Mine alive.
"It's just one of the many events that you can do at the Original Mine. The facility is such a beautiful space that any opportunity to use it should be utilized by the county, the city and citizens of Butte," says DeBree.
The Hoist House will also be turned into a haunted house, a guillotine show will be under the head frame, and then you have creepy grave diggers keeping an eye on you.
DeBree says, "It's a full experience that I want people to enjoy."
The Original Nightmare at the Original Mine will be October 26th, 27th and 31st.
It will run from 7 to 11 at night.
The cost is just 5 dollars at the Original Mine Yard gate.