Posted: May 24, 2013 4:25 PM by Katy Harris
Updated: May 24, 2013 5:36 PM
An elderly man has died after a fire wiped out his mobile home near Fairmont Hot Springs.
At around 2:43 a.m., a driver on Interstate 90 called in a fire that he could see north of Fairmont Hot Springs.
Fire Chief Jeff Miller says a mobile home at 1000 Bossard Road was fully engulfed in flames when fire crews arrived.
It appears an 82-year-old male broke out the window of a bedroom in the mobile home to get out. He was found lying outside with a low pulse. The man was taken to St. James Healthcare but passed away.
Miller says the fire may have started from combustible materials near a wood stove.