Posted: Jun 3, 2013 12:13 PM by Melissa Anderson - MTN News
MISSOULA - A lit candle left unattended is being blamed for sparking a fire that killed at least 25 animals in an Idaho Street home last Wednesday.
A Missoula City Fire Department investigator says the two occupants of 1633 Idaho Street were sent to the hospital with minor injuries.
The blaze claimed the lives of 11 cats, five dogs, four birds, as well as an unknown number of chickens and reptiles.
Damages from the blaze at the one-story home have been estimated at about $45,000.