Posted: May 3, 2013 4:38 PM by KBZK with reporting by Judy Slate
Updated: May 3, 2013 4:38 PM
BELGRADE - A block of downtown Belgrade was evacuated for about three hours Friday morning for a possible gas leak.
Main Street between Davis and Broadway was evacuated as fire investigators and NorthWestern Energy personnel looked for a gas leak. Main Street was also closed to traffic from Weaver to Oregon.
Buck Taylor with Community Health Partners says that around 8:30 a.m., a staff member called in a gas odor and CHP was evacuated at around 8:45 a.m.
Taylor says they were allowed back in but then re-evacuated once Central Valley Fire noticed the building that houses the Mint was registering high on the gas meter.
Taylor tells us they were allowed back in at around 11:45 a.m.
We attempted to contact Central Valley Fire and the Belgrade police regarding the incident and have not received calls back.
BELGRADE - Buildings were evacuated and roads are closed in downtown Belgrade for a possible gas leak.
The evacuation area is between Davis and Broadway on Main Street.
Main Street is closed from Weaver to Oregon.
The fire department and NorthWestern Energy are on the scene.
Reporter Judy Slate is on the scene and we will bring you more information as it becomes available.