Posted: May 12, 2013 12:32 PM by MTN News
BILLINGS - A boy was hurt Saturday morning after an apartment building on Lake Elmo Drive caught fire and caused him to jump from the window to escape.
Authorities say the 5-year-old was playing with a lighter when the fire broke out. According to a news release, the building sprinkler system activated and extinguished the fire.
Moderate damage to the bedroom of the apartment caused an estimated $20,000 in damages.
While the Billings Fire Department did not comment on what injuries the boy incurred, officials did say they were minor.